September 8, 2010

let's try this again...


A year or so ago I decided to start a blog because, well, who hadn't really? But I failed to keep it up because I never had any focus and everything I wrote really belonged in a personal journal. Well, I'm back and I'm focused.


I have, for the past three months, been eating by a strictly dairy, soy, and gluten free diet at the counsel of my naturopathic doctor. This diet began following extensive allergy testing, which I underwent in a search for the root of the chronic fatigue and acne I was experiencing. In an effort to avoid all the allergens to which I tested sensitive, I have also cut peanuts and refined sugar, though there have been several 'falling off the wagon' episodes on those fronts. This very specialized diet has forced me to broaden my horizons and learn to make things in new ways with new and unfamiliar ingredients.

I am aware that there are hundreds of food blogs out there, but when it comes down to it I want a place for myself to keep track of what I've made - my successes and failures along the way. I am based in Portland, OR and have vague ideas (dreams?) of running an all allergen-free food cart some day. I have the good fortune to live with a fantastic photographer whom I hope to weasel into taking glamour shots of the successes in return for a portion of the delicious bounty, but until then you will have to do with my descriptions. 


Recipes to follow. Bon appétit!

No comments: